Tuesday, June 24, 2008

While we are at it...

So much for reposting every lyrics of my favorite song.. Particularly Rivermaya songs of old... Copy + pasted below are the "quotable quotes" (quote unquote as necessary as this explanation in an "open-close" parenthesis explaining the redundancy as significant for more emphasis) off their albums of the past. The B-sides that were never heard but has voices that definitely has more meaning than the commercially-released singles.

From the self-titled yellow album (1994):
Revolution

i could be a dreamer
i could be insane
but we don't need no Superman
to paint a brighter day

20 Million

And as i watch the candle
(burn/turn) this night (away/today)
My life collects another yesterday

Hate

Well, if you're happy then i'm blue
'cause I'm not so far but not with you...

...If only you were smiling, if i was reason
tomorrow, I could die.

... And this is not a love song,
don't even think it's your song.

Gravity
Somebody save me, ‘coz my mind is a train
And it don’t have a destination, and it don’t know my name
It keeps runnin’, runnin’, runnin’, runnin’,
well, that kinda explains,
why I see every single madness, but I cant see what is plain
And i'm just starting. There are about five to six albums left. Another post, another album in another time. It's just too much for a single post. Let this be a lesson to your B-side existence.

No comments: