Wednesday, May 7, 2008

B. I. Newsbreakers: Forebeer and ebeer

Fine, fine! The title above is lame but hey, i had to make a reference one lame way or the other... Here's another very interesting article i found over the net...
From beer to eternity

A Chicago man has had a custom-built coffin made to resemble a giant can of his favourite beer.Bill Bramanti, 67, doesn't plan on using it for its intended purpose any time soon, reports the Southtown Star. Meanwhile, he has filled the blue-and-red coffin with ice and beer - and is using it as a cooler.

Mr Bramanti paid £1,000 to have the coffin painted like a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
"I'm going to use it as a cooler until I really need it," he said. "You see, I'm going to get my money's worth. Hopefully I get to use it many times."

Mr Bramanti said he revealed the unusual coffin to his family during a mock-wake at his house. He said the event featured family members drinking cans of Pabst from the ice-filled casket. "I wouldn't expect anything less for my dad," said his daughter, Cathy, 42. "He's a man that loves to entertain. He likes it when people are happy. This is what he does."


Hmmm.. More Don Gallardo reference needed? i guess not as Don would argue that Enteng would be needing that coffin even as the latter in turn would argue that i would be needing that same design for my byebye-box. Of course, all three of us understand that should any of us decide to do so it would be patterned to a different brand of beer: It's colored red not blue; and the one with the horse not a ribbon. Jumbo or otherwise would not matter much...

No comments: