Friday, May 23, 2008

Call my bluff?

No bluff, i will be a (Pro) poker player in a couple of years, maybe three. That maybe a stretch (the aspiration not the number) maybe even close to impossibility. But this is the few times when i REALLY KNOW what i WANT. How will i do it? i don't have a freaking idea. Practice through online poker games? i can't do that from the office and even get fired for it. Play amateurish poker with amateurish friends? That can get me the experience, but how will that help me improve my amateurish tendencies?

Noel Old Man's fold-now-and-forever strategy could really test my patience. Don's strange and random tactics could teach me a thing or two about organization. Che or Enteng's not-so-innocent innocent i-dont-know-how-to-play-poker-but-i-got-a-pair-of-aces looks could tell me what really poker is about--- that you don't really know jackshit about anything, you only have an "idea.

Two years maybe three... Pro poker player. i think i can do that one. And if lucky, i might just steal the biggest pot in this hand called life. We will see.

No comments: